While we are pleased to receive contributions in any form, we do have a preference for Standing/Banker’s Orders as it reduces the administrative burden on the Parish. The form can be downloaded below.
Information on Tax relief
- Since 2001 donations from individuals or companies to “eligible” charities can qualify for tax relief. Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish has charitable status through the Archdiocese of Dublin (Chy No 7424).
- Since 2013 a blended rate of relief (31%) applies to all taxpayers regardless of their marginal tax rate, subject to the taxpayer having paid at least the amount of tax being claimed back by the parish.
- To qualify, the total donation in a year must be at least €250; There is no upper limit on your donation and it can be made by cash, cheque or Banker’s Order.
- Example: A donation of €250 will be grossed up at 31% as follows: €250*100/69 = €362.32 so the tax refund will be €362.32-€250 = €112.32.
- Some examples of how the tax relief benefits the parish:
|Donation||Total Annual Donation||Value to Parish||Tax reclaimed by parish
(at blended rate of 31%)
|€21 per month||€252||€365||€113|
|€50 per month||€600||€869||€269|